So you think you know the bible !
Bible Thumping Atheist !
- Do you find the bible boring and difficult to understand?
- Do you get irritated by street preachers and door to door bible thumpers?
- Do you want to know the most difficult questions to ask the clergy?
- Do you want to know if God exists?
- Do you want to know who created evil?
- Do you know where the Devil came from?
- Do you know that the most prolific killer of children who ever lived was not Stalin, Hitler or Polpot: It was God?
- Do you know that Jesus may not have existed?
This site is for those who don't have the time or inclination to read the entire bible for themselves but are curious to know more.
- No detailed tedious analysis of scripture is required!
- You will not find any long laborious rants against religion here.
- You will find only succinct, direct and relevant questions.
- If you are really lucky, you might even find some answers.
Some questions on this site are from my book, "Bible Thumper To Atheist" It contains hundreds of the most mind boggling questions one would ever wish to ask. It is unique in that it is set out in short interesting paragraphs which are easy to read and understand. Many paragraphs are illustrated with my own cartoons, depicting various biblical situations, and stories. Some are funny, some provocative, others quite shocking. For more information, click "My Book" page.
Click book cover image to enlarge. Warning: Reading this book may seriously damage your religious belief.
Sold out (paperback )
Over the years I have put many of the questions you will find here, to ministers of religion from a wide variety of denominations. None of them could give satisfactory answers, and those who attempted, varied with each other to a remarkable degree.
Many questions highlight the strange and weird nature of God and his bible. The sword is mentioned extensively throughout the bible and there are many references to God's holy men, even angels, killing women and children.
The gun could be considered a modern equivalent to the sword. God's "holy" men were responsible for writing most of the bible. Would you read the words of a gunman and treat them as authoritative and pledge to live your life by them?
Click cartoon image to enlarge
Note: clicking on imagechef.com icons take you off this site.
Some people ask me: Why are you doing this, why did you write a book, why did you create this website, why do you want to dash people's hopes? If you ask the same questions, then click, about me
If you wish to comment on any aspect of this site, or ask a question, please click 'comments', below. A 'comment's box' will open. I will endeavour to reply within 24 hours. Alternatively, you may email me at email@example.com
Latest cartoon: See many more on the cartoon page. I have no copyright on any of these so you are welcome to use them if you wish.
Fundamentalist Christians believe that if a person confesses their sins before they die, they will go to heaven, just like the thief on the cross in the biblical story. This means that if Hitler did so he too would be in heaven. How ironic that the 6 million Jews whom he murdered would be in hell since they did not believe in the divinity of Christ.
Many more cartoons on cartoon page